Hints to Remember
has become the third largest aviation market in terms of domestic passenger traffic, beating Japan
published on 26th
India has become the third largest aviation market in terms of domestic passenger traffic, beating Japan.
India’s domestic air passenger traffic stood at 100 million in 2016 and was behind only the US (719 million) and China (436 million), Sydney-based aviation think-tank Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA).
1. India acquired the third position by beating Japan, the domestic passenger traffic of which stood at 97 million in 2016.
2. The domestic air traffic in India has shown a consistent growth of 20 to 25 per cent throughout 2015 and 2016 with a peak in January 2017at 25.13 per cent.
3. According to CAPA, India, which is currently at the fourth position along with the UK in terms of overall air passenger traffic including both domestic and international air passenger traffic, is inching closer towards becoming the third largest one by March 2018.
4. The same was confirmed by the head of CAPA India, Kapil Kail who said India will become the third largest market 2-3 years ahead of the projected time due to higher rate of growth.
5. Japan, which flew around 141 million passengers in 2016, is presently ahead of India whose total air passenger traffic in the year was 131 million.
6. While the United States with 815 million passengers maintained its top position in the overall category as well in 2016, China was placed second with 490 million passengers.
For the complete information kindly visit given link: