For the convenience of SSC CGL 2022 aspirants, we have prepared a detailed guide on the following:
- SSC CGL 2022 Important Dates
- Changes Introduced In The Examination Pattern For Ssc Cgl 2022
- Scheme For Tier-I Examination
- Scheme For Tier-Ii Examination
- SSC CGL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- SSC CGL 2022 Application Fees
- SSC CGL 2022 Vacancies
- SSC CGL 2022 Apply Online
1. SSC CGL 2022 Important dates
|SSC CGL 2022 Important Dates
|Dates for submission of online applications
|17-09-2022 to 08-10-2022
|Last date and time for receipt of online applications
|Last date and time for generation of offline Challan
|Last date and time for making online fee payment
|Last date for payment through Challan (during working hours of Bank)
|Dates of ‘Window for Application Form Correction’ including online payment
|12-10-2022 to 13-10-2022 (23:00)
|Tentative Schedule of Tier-I (Computer Based Examination)
|Tentative Schedule of Tier-II (Computer Based Examination)
|To be notified later
2. Changes introduced in the examination pattern for SSC CGL 2022
Before diving into the preparation, it is very essential for the aspirants to understand the latest examination pattern for SSC CGL 2022 examination. Getting familiar with the pattern and having an overview of the syllabus will help an aspirant develop an effective plan of action to prepare for the examination.
Following are the major changes introduced in SSC CGL 2022 examination:
- SSC CGL 2022 Tier-I will be qualifying in nature, i.e, the marks obtained in the preliminary examination will not be considered for the final merit.
- The pattern for Tier-I will remain the same as earlier. However, new sections have been introduced in Tier II. Now Reasoning, General Awareness, and Computer Knowledge will also be asked in Tier-II.
- There will be a sectional cut-off for each section introduced in Tier-II. A candidate should qualify the sectional cutoff of each section to be considered for the further process.
- The final merit list will be prepared on the basis of the overall performance of candidates in the Tier-II Examination only.
- Vacancies for Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant(PA/SA) which were earlier filled through the SSC CHSL examination are also added to the SSC CGL examination.
- Tier-III or descriptive examination has been scrapped.
- Post preference will be asked after the Tier-II result and not during the application process.
- SSC will not conduct the DV. Final Document Verification will be conducted by the respective departments.
3. Scheme for Tier-I examinationSSC CGL 2022 Tier-I examination will be held in CBT mode (Computer Based Examination) and will be qualifying in nature. There will be 4 sections of 50 marks each. Also there will be a negative marking of 0.50 for each wrong answer. No new changes have been introduced in the preliminary phase of the exam.
You can understand the examination pattern for the Tier-I examination more clearly from the following table:
|Number of Questions
|A. General Intelligence and Reasoning
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)
|B. General Awareness
|C. Quantitative Aptitude
|D. English Comprehension
4. Scheme for Tier-II examinationThere are some major changes introduced in the Tier-II examination with which you should be familiar before
- Tier-II will include conducting of Paper-I, Paper-II, and Paper-III in separate shift(s)/ day(s).
- Paper-I is compulsory for all the posts. It will be mandatory for the candidates to qualify all the sections of Paper-I.
- Paper-II will be for only those candidates who apply for the posts of Junior Statistical Officer (JSO) in the Ministry of Statistics and Programme Implementation and who are shortlisted in Tier-I for these Posts.
- Paper-III will be for only those candidates who are shortlisted in Tier-I for Paper-III i.e. for the posts of Assistant Audit Officer/ Assistant Accounts Officer.
- Paper-I will be conducted in two sessions: Session-I & Session-II, on the same day. Session-I will include conducting of Section-I, Section-II, and Module-I of Section-III. Session-II will include conducting of Module-II of Section-III. Therefore, the duration of Session-I will be 2 hours and 15 minutes, and the duration of Session-II will be 15 minutes only.
|SSC CGL 2022 Tier-II Examination pattern
|Section and Module
|Number of Questions
(2 hours and 15 minutes)
1 hour for each section
(1 hour and 20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)
|Reasoning and General Intelligence
|English Language and General Comprehension
|Computer Knowledge module
|Data Entry Speed Test module
|One Data Entry Task
15 Minutes (for each module)
(20 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe)
2 hours (for each Paper)
(2 hours and 40 minutes for the candidates eligible for scribe
|General Studies (Finance and Economics)
5. SSC CGL 2022 Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for the examination, the candidates need to ensure that they fulfill all the eligibility conditions including the age limit, education qualification, nationality, etc for admission to SSC CGL 2022 examination. Their admission at all stages of the examination will be purely provisional, subject to their satisfying the prescribed eligibility conditions. If on verification, at any time before or after the written examination, it is found that they do not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, their candidature for the examination will be cancelled.
Therefore, to avoid inconvenience at any stage of the examination, we are going to discuss the eligibility criteria for SSC CGL 2022 Examination in detail:
Age Limit (as on 01-01-2022)The requirement of age for various posts is as follows:
|For the posts for which the age limit is 18-27 years
|The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1995 and not later than 01-01-2004.
|For the posts for which the age limit is 20-30 years
|The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1992 and not later than 01-01-2002.
|For the posts for which the age limit is 18-30 years
|The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1992 and not later than 01-01-2004.
|For the post for which the age limit is 18-32 years
|The candidate must have been born not earlier than 02-01-1990 and not later than 01-01-2004
Following is the permissible age relaxation for SSC CGL 2022 examination for different categories:
|Age relaxation permissible beyond the upper age limit
|3 years after deduction of the military service rendered from the actual age as on the closing date.
Essential Educational Qualifications (As on 08-10-2022)
Before applying for the examination, you should go through the essential education qualification required for SSC CGL 2022 Examination. Any graduate from any disciple can apply for the examination provided they should have completed their degree. The candidates who have appeared in the final year of their graduation can also apply for the examination however they must possess Essential qualifications on or before the cut-off date i.e.08-10-2022.
The following table provides a detailed description of the essential education qualification required for various posts in the SSC CGL 2022 examination.
|Name of the Post
|Assistant Audit Officer/Assistant Accounts Officer
Essential Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institute.
Desirable Qualifications: Chartered Accountant or Cost & Management Accountant or Company Secretary or Masters in Commerce or Masters in Business Studies or Masters in Business Administration (Finance) or Masters in Business Economics.
|Junior Statistical Officer
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject from a recognized University or Institute with at least 60% Marks in Mathematics at 12th standard level;
Bachelor’s Degree in any subject with Statistics as one of the subjects at degree level.
|All other posts
|Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or equivalent
6. SSC CGL 2022 Application FeesCandidates can pay the application Fees for SSC CGL 2022 examination through online mode or make cash payments through the challan of SBI. However, candidates who wish to make a cash payment through the challan of SBI may make payment in cash at the Branches of SBI within the working hours of the bank up to 10-10-2022 provided the challan has been generated by them before 08-10-2022 (23:00 hours).
Women candidates and candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), Persons with Benchmark Disabilities (PwBD), and Ex-servicemen (ESM) eligible for reservation are exempted from payment of the fee.
7. SSC CGL 2022 VacanciesA total of 20,000 vacancies have been announced by the Staff Selection Commission for the year 2022. This year the vacancies for Postal Assistant and Sorting Assistant which were earlier filled through the SSC CHSL examination are also going to be filled through SSC CGL 2022 examination.
These are tentative vacancies announced by the commission, however, firm vacancies will be determined in due course. Updated vacancies, if any, along with Post-wise & category-wise vacancies will be made available on the website of the Commission (https://ssc.nic.in) in due course.
8. SSC CGL 2022 Apply OnlineThe link to apply for SSC CGL 2022 Examination is now active. Candidates can apply for the examination anytime from 17th September 2022 to 8th October 2022. However, to avoid the last-minute rush, candidates are advised to apply much before the last date for SSC CGL 2022 Examination and not wait for the last date. You can apply for SSC CGL 2022 examination online through the website of commission or by clicking on the link given below.
Click here to apply online for SSC CGL 2022!!
Click here to attempt a free full-length SSC CGL 2022 mock test!
Thanks & Regards (Team Smartkeeda)