CUET 2024 | Eligibilty, Pattern, Process, Syllabus, Universities, Result and Strategy with Detailed Time Table
What is CUET Exam?
The Central University of Rajasthan was in charge of the CUET from its commencement in 2010 till the year 2020. These exams were handed over to the National Testing Agency in 2021.
CUET 2024 (UG) notification is soon going to be released by NTA. As per sources, the registration for CUET UG 2024 will likely begin from the first week of February 2024. The CUET examination for undergraduate programs will be conducted between May 21 to 31, 2024. The universities are planning to wrap up the undergraduate admissions by July 2024 and start the new academic session by 1 August 2024.
For the CUET 2024 Examination, the following are the eligibility requirements:
- Candidates must have passed a 10+2 intermediate examination from a recognised board to be considered for the undergraduate programme.
- To be eligible for the PG test, applicants must have a bachelor's degree in a relevant discipline from a recognised university.
- To be eligible for CUET 2024, candidates must be Indian citizens.
- Appearing candidates can apply for this exam as well, but they must submit documentation of passing the exam before the deadline.
Exam Pattern and Structure
All of the question papers are divided into sections and are based on multiple-choice questions.
Part A: 25 multiple-choice questions covering language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude and analytical skills.
Part B: Domain Knowledge consists of 75 multiple-choice questions. (Sometimes broken into three/four/five sections, with a candidate having to answer any three of them for a total of 75 questions.)
Note: Integrated Programs and Simple Bachelor’s degree in Arts and Commerce MBA/B.Voc./LLB/MCA and other general Programs require only one paper with 100 multiple-choice questions encompassing English language, Reasoning, Data Interpretation/Numerical Abilities, General Awareness and Analytical skills.
For Research Program Courses :
Part A: Consists of 50 multiple-choice questions covering language, general awareness, mathematical ability, analytical skills and research methodology.
Part B: Consists of 50 multiple-choice questions about domain knowledge.
The part wise pattern of question paper will be as follows:
Part A: English Language, general awareness, mathematical aptitude,and analytical skill (25 Questions)
Part B: Domain Knowledge ( 75 Questions)
CUET Application Form
- The application form will be made available to the public by the NTA
- As per sources, the registration for CUET UG 2024 will likely begin from the first week of February 2024.
- The CUET examination for undergraduate programs will be conducted between May 21 to 31, 2024.
- The universities are planning to wrap up the undergraduate admissions by July 2024 and start the new academic session by 1 August 2024.
- Eligible candidates will be able to submit their application forms from the date specified in the notification.
- Candidates must fill out the application form completely and accurately, as any changes to the information will result in the application being rejected.
- Candidates must follow the instructions on the application form when filling out the form.
- You must apply before the deadline, as no applications will be accepted beyond the deadline.
- The rectification facility may be included in the application form by the authorities.
- For future reference, candidates should preserve a printout of their completed application form and fee receipt.
|Fee payable by the candidates CUET(UG)
|Centres in India
|Centres outside India
CUET UG Syllabus 2024:
Numerical Aptitude/Data Interpretation
|Measurement, Motion in
|one dimension, Laws of
Motion, Motion in two
|dimensions, Work, Power
|and Energy, Linear
|Momentum & collisions,
Rotation of a rigid body
|about a fixed axis,
|Gravitation, Oscillatory motion, Mechanics of
|solids and fluids, heat and
|Effect of Current,
|Ray Optics and optical
|instruments, Wave Optics,
|Chemical Bonding, Redox
and Kinetics, Acid-Base
|Properties of Solution,
|Carbohydrates, Solid State,
|Vectors, Dynamics, Statics
|Section IV (Biology)
| Zoology: Origin of Life, Organic Evolution, Mechanism of Organic Evolution, Human Genetics and Eugenics, Applied Biology, Mammalian Anatomy, Animal Physiology
· Botany: Plant Cell, Protoplasm, Ecology, Ecosystem, Genetics, Seeds in angiosperm plants, Fruits, Cell differentiation Plant Tissue, Anatomy of Root, stem and leaf, Important phyla, Soil, Photosynthesis.
List of Universities under CUET
- Mahatma Gandhi Central University
- University of Hyderabad
- Jamia Millia Islamia
- University of Delhi
- Jawaharlal Nehru University
- Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University
- Visva-Bharati University
- University of Allahabad
- Rajiv Gandhi University
- Tezpur University
- Nagaland University
- Central University of Odisha
- Pondicherry University
- English and Foreign Languages University
- Maulana Azad National Urdu University
- Babasaheb Bhimrao Ambedkar University
- Tripura University
- Banaras Hindu University
- Mizoram University
- Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya,
- Central Tribal University of Andhra Pradesh
- The National Sanskrit University
- The Central Sanskrit University
- Shri Lal Bahadur Shastri National Sanskrit University
- Sikkim University
- Manipur University
- Dr. Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya
- Mahatma Gandhi Antarrashtriya Hindi Vishwavidyalaya
- The Indira Gandhi National Tribal University
- Central University of Himachal Pradesh
- Central University of Kashmir
- Central Agricultural University
- Central University of Jammu
- Central University of Haryana
- Central University of South Bihar
- Central University of Karnataka
- Central University of Rajasthan
- Central University of Jharkhand
- Central University of Kerala
- Central University of Andhra Pradesh
- Assam University, Silchar
- Central University of Gujarat
- Central University of Tamil Nadu
- Aligarh Muslim University
CUET Cutoff Pattern
CUET Counselling Pattern
Candidates will also have to bring the following document along with them at the time of counselling:
- 10th & 12th passing certificate
- 10th & 12th mark sheet
- Transfer certificate
- Caste certificate
- CUET 2022 Score card
- Admission Form
- Passport size photographs
Each admission exam is unique. Before you jump on "How to prepare for CUET exam?" the first step is to grasp on how to go about the exam you'll be attempting to crack in the first go. What is the past year pattern? What is the number of questions asked from each section in a subject? These will give more clarity to your preparation timetable. It will also allow you to have a fair idea of difficulty level of the entrance exam for the top most universities in the country. Planning is critical for any candidate who wishes to crack the CUET exam as it is to be completed in a time bound manner.
II. Examine The CUET Syllabus
The next stage is to learn the CUET syllabus. This will assist you in narrowing down the topics you'll need to cover. Examine the priorities and grades assigned to any particular topic in a subject. When you start the preparation for CUET, its syllabus is the first thing you should learn by heart or stick to your study table.
III. Make a Time Table
CUET is a mandatory requirement for admission in any Central University Undergraduate program. It will be held after the Board exams are completed giving the candidates around a month and a half to prepare. Given the stress and hoopla surrounding the Class XII Boards, one's attention will naturally shift to the school curriculum, especially as the exams approach. The first essential principle for any exam is to get started early. Make a schedule for yourself where you can spend 90-120 minutes per day. Have a plan in place even throughout the Board exams to avoid losing momentum. Stick to your schedule and routine, and you'll breeze through the exam with ease.
Do you know that even if there isn't an event or tournament on the horizon, top level athletes never let their practice dip? They do this to avoid losing focus when the moment of truth approaches. A student studying for entrance examinations such as CUET is in the same boat. It's crucial to practice concepts and give Mock Tests based on the exam format. These can assist you in understanding your strengths and point out your weaknesses which will not be repeated in the exam hall.
V. Keep Your Spirits High
Any obstacle, even an entrance exam, requires motivation to overcome. Whenever you feel tired or depressed, envision how success in the CUET entrance exam will aid you in the shaping of your aspirations and career. Look for help from your teachers and counsellors. If needed, consult with friend who has already cracked the exam. The following are some useful preparation strategies for better exam preparation:-
- Make a detailed time schedule and stick to it.
- Examine the entire syllabus and exam format.
- Solve the question papers and sample papers from the previous year.
- Keep your concentration on studies by avoiding any distractions.
- Make the necessary notes and modify them as needed.
The CUET Preparation is divided into 3 parts
1. How to Tackle General Awareness in CUET
Preparation of Current Affairs for CUET exam. The time period to be covered for CUET GK preparation is from November 2022 to April 2024 along with daily practice in the form of quizzes which you can access here.
There are roughly 200+ quizzes with 4000 Questions on the Smartkeeda website.
December 2022 current affairs mock drill
Preparing of Static GK: This part can be covered by referring to any standard GK book. Manohar Pandey short version GK book is a very good option. The last 50 pages of this book has the names of important parks, games, sport awards etc. These are very important for static GK. You must finish around two pages daily timely finishing the syllabus. The book is concise but full of facts.
We will be providing quizzes from this section for practice soon. Keep checking this corner for updates.
2. Analytical reasoning
Keep twenty odd days for doing analytical reasoning questions based on puzzles/coding etc because they require more practice.
The last section is English which needs both time and patience. Being a language it can be quite a tricky nut to crack at times.
Attempt Mocks: One of the best ways to understand where you’re going wrong is to keep attempting as many mocks and analyzing them thoroughly. You can access the mocks of Smartkeeda seamlessly at this link.
Attempt minimum 10 quizzes from each of the following sections every day till CUET final date. Do the complete sections of Synonyms, Antonyms & Comprehension Tests for great scores in the CUET Exam.
Attempt a free CUET Hindi Language Mock Test.
Attempt a free CUET English Language Mock Test
Attempt a free CUET Economics Mock Test.
Attempt a free CUET Psychology Mock Test.
Attempt a free CUET Geography Mock Test.
Attempt a free CUET General Test Mock Test.
You may also like: Best CUET Coaching in Agra
For more information about the CUET exam and best CUET exam preparation material, CUET mock tests & Quizzes, you can refer to our CUET website https://cuet.smartkeeda.com
Preparing for LIC Assistant Mains Tips and Tricks
Preparing for LIC Assistant Mains 2024 – Tips and Tricks
22 Dec 2023
SBI Clerk Mains Our Complete Information Hub
SBI Clerk Mains 2023: Our Complete Information Hub
19 Dec 2023
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test Strategy
How to score high in Descriptive Test in SBI PO Mains 2017 exam – SBI PO Exam Strategy by Toppers?
24 Nov 2023
Study Smart or Study Hard SBI PO Mains Strategy
Study smart or Study hard- Which Strategy to choose while preparing for SBI PO Mains Exam?
24 Nov 2023