UGC NET 2018: Exam Pattern Strategy and Test Series
Are you looking for any of these?
- Test Series for UGC NET 2018 exam
- UGC NET 2018 Test Series
- NTA UGC NET Online Mock Test Series
- Online Mock Test Series for UGC NET 2018 exam
- Best Test Series for UGC NET 2018 exam
- UGC NET 2018 Best Test Series
- NTA UGC NET Practice Online Test Papers
- NTA UGC NET Free Mock Test
- Free Mock Tests of UGC NET Online 2018 exam
- Free Mock Tests of UGC NET 2018 paper 1
- UGC NET Paper 1 Mock Test Series
- UGC NET Paper 1 Online Mock Tests
- Best Test Series for UGC NET Paper 1 2018
- UGC NET Exam Pattern and Strategy
- Strategy to follow for UGC NET 2018 exam
- Preparation Strategy for UGC NET 2018 exam
- Study Material for UGC NET 2018 exam
- Online Free Mocks for UGC NET 2018 exam
The University Grants Commission has already published notification for the National Eligibility Test – 2018 to be conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) in December, 2018. The exam is conducted every year by the University Grants Commission in order to select candidates for the posts of Assistant Professors or Junior Research Fellowship or both, in Indian universities and colleges. This is the first time that the NTA is going to conduct this prestigious examination as CBSE has been relieved of this responsibility. The computer based NET examination is going to be held from December 18 – 22, 2018 in various cities across the country.
What is National Testing Agency (NTA)?
The National Testing Agency has been conceptualized by the Ministry of Human Resources Development, Government of India, as an organization dedicated to the testing needs of the country. This organization will focus on the development of tests for various purposes to be held in the country. It will also undertake research activities in order to identify the gaps in the learning system and its application. In 2018, the University Grants Commission has entrusted the job of conducting the NET Examination to this organization, for the first time.
What is National Eligibility Test (NET)?
The National Eligibility Test (NET) is the point of entry for a student into a career in teaching in colleges and universities. It also gives an opportunity to pursue research in the Indian universities under the Junior Research Fellowship Schemes (JRF). Here are some of the important details regarding the NET Examination:
- Eligibility: You need to score at least 55% in the Master’s Degree in order to be eligible for this examination. Candidates who are in the final year of post-graduation can also apply for this examination. For SC/ST/OBC candidates, the minimum marks that should be obtained in the post-graduation degree should be at least 50%.
- Age Limit: If you are applying for the JRF scholarship, the upper age limit should not exceed 30 years whereas for the post of Assistant Professor, there is no upper age limit prescribed by the UGC.
- Relaxation for the Post of Assistant Professor: Anybody who has cleared the State Eligibility Test (SET) Examination after 01.06.2002 will be allowed to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in that particular state only. Any candidate, who has passed the SET Examination before that date, will not be required to apply for the NET Examination in order to be eligible to apply for the post of Assistant Professor in any college or university in India.
What is the Pattern of the NET Examination 2018?
The NET Examination in 2018 will be computer-based online examination and there will be no negative marking in this examination. The Examination consists of two papers – Paper I and Paper II. All the papers in NET Examination consist of Multiple-Choice Questions (MCQs) only.
- Paper I: This paper will be common for all the candidates since it will check the understanding of the teaching concepts and theories. It will also test the knowledge of the candidate on Reasoning, Reading Comprehension, general awareness etc. This paper will have 100 marks allotted to it and there will be 50 questions. The time allotted for this paper is 1 hour.
- Paper II: This will test your knowledge in your subject as selected at the time of applying for the NET Examination. The paper will have 100 questions and a total of 200 marks will be allotted. 2 hours will be allotted to this paper.
In order to be considered for both Assistant Professor and JRF, one must score at least 40% in aggregate of both the papers in General category whereas for SC/ST/OBC, it is 35% in aggregate of both the papers together.
What should I Study for NET Examination 2018?
The National Eligibility Test 2018 will have two papers. While the Paper I will be based on general aptitude, Paper II will mainly be based on the subject knowledge of your elected subject.
The Paper I syllabus will consist of the following:
- Teaching Theories
- Learning Theories
- Research Aptitude
- Reading Comprehension
- Data Interpretation
- General Awareness including Current Affairs
- Computer Knowledge
The Paper II will consist of questions based on the post-graduation syllabus of the subjects selected by the candidates. The questions will be based on in-depth knowledge of the subjects. Case studies may also be asked from certain subjects, as applicable.
How to Prepare for NET 2018?
The National Eligibility Test will be based on your aptitude for teaching and your knowledge of your subject of specialization. Let’s find out how we can prepare for this examination in the right way:
- Go through the previous year papers: Since this is an academic examination, you already know your subject. You have already studied it in detail in your graduation and post-graduation. But you need to know the type of questions that comes in this examination. The previous year papers will guide you the best way in this pursuit.
- Don’t go for MCQs only: MCQ-based learning is very dangerous and often leads to failure in the examination. It is better that you study the subjects in detail rather than attempting lakhs of questions only. Please remember that your concepts will also be checked in the examination apart from your memory.
- Study the syllabus diligently:The syllabus may seem to be never-ending but the only solution to the problem is to go through it. There is no shortcut to this method. This is the one and only way to crack this examination.
- Attempt questions you are not sure of: Since there is no negative marking, do not leave questions. If you are even 30% sure of an answer, just mark it. It may not fetch any marks if you get it wrong but it won’t harm you also.
- Focus on Paper I also: There should be equal focus on both the papers since you need to keep a balance between these papers. You may think that you will manage with your knowledge in your subject but you can’t always rely on it. That is why it is safe to focus on both the papers.
- Revision is the key to success: This istypical ofany and every examination. It is so because you need to grasp the topics properly. Studying once will not serve the purpose but revising it would give you the much-needed boost. You may also find out something new regarding any topic while going through it the second time around.
- Take mock tests: It is often said that practice makes a man perfect. Take as many mocks as possible since you need to evaluate your performance and also you need to check different types of questions that may come in the examination. It will also help you understanding your mistakes. You may analyze the same and move on to the next mock.
- Solve previous year papers: This will be immensely helpful since you will get the first hand idea of the type of questions that come in this examination. However this should be done once you are done with the syllabus. This will help you check your preparation also.
Testzone Offers Comprehensive Online Test Series for UGC NET 2018 Paper I
Now that we are well aware of the syllabus of the NET Examination and its pattern, it is time that we focus on the right strategy to prepare for the examination. Now that the examination is hardly a month away, all of you must be busy giving finishing touches to your preparation. In order to help you in this final round of preparation, Testzone, the least priced, smart Test Prep platform of the country, brings to you the Comprehensive Test Series for Paper I of UGC NET 2018.
TAKE A FREE MOCK TEST OF UGC NET PAPER 1What will you get in Testzone Test Series for UGC NET 2018?
Testzone Online Mock Test Series of UGC NET 2018 Program will consist of 10 full-length tests for Paper I of UGC NET 2018 along with detailed solutions and smart analysis. This will help in proper understanding of your preparation along with the SWAT Analysis. The tentative schedule of the tests is as follows:
Date of Upload
Mock Test I
20th November 2018
Mock Test 2
23rd Nov 2018
Mock Test 3
26th Nov 2018
Mock Test 4
29th Nov 2018
Mock Test 5
2nd December 2018
Mock Test 6
5th Dec 2018
Mock Test 7
8th Dec 2018
Mock Test 8
11th Dec 2018
Mock Test 9
14th Dec 2018
Mock Test 10
17th Dec 2018
All the tests will have 50 questions with 100 marks allotted to them. The first test will be free whereas the rest will be paid ones.
What is unique about Testzone UGC NET Mock Tests 2018?
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 1 - Smart Interface: We have our smart interface ready for you in order to take examination. Since UGC NET 2018 is going to be an online examination, it is very much necessary that you are well acquainted with the online system of the examination. We offer a smart interface that will help you understand the online examination process in the best possible manner. We try to give you the exact interface as the real examination so that you may get ready for the real test.
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 2 - Latest Questions: We don’t boast that our questions are prepared by toppers / experts / legal eagles etc. What we do is to undertake thorough research regarding the pattern of the questions. It is our methodology that we try to read the mind of the examiner so that we can understand what is expected of the examinee. Our questions are unique since we always try to come up with something new yet relevant in our mocks. The main objective is to prepare our students for every single possibility in the examination. What we try is to give you the confidence that you are prepared and you don’t need to be scared of whatever comes in the paper.
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 3 - Answers and Explanations: Our explanations are our pride. Yes, because we give it in as much detail as possible. We give you the step by step mind calculation that you will need to undertake in order to solve a question. We try to explain the basic concept behind every question so that you understand that concept. This serves as an application-based study material also for students.
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 4 - Smart Analysis: And last but not the least, we have an analysis that will give you a post-mortem of your performance. Not only that, you will also get an idea regarding the performance of the topper and the comparison between that and your score. You get the analysis of the complete performance of the topper as well as yours to compare. You also get an analysis of the topics that are likely to come in the paper with the weightage of such questions. And there’s more also. You just name it and we shall provide you with that analysis.
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 5 - 24*7 Support Service: We are always on-call. You drop us any query and we promise to get back as soon as possible. If you have anything to ask or discuss regarding the paper or the pattern, just drop a line and we shall revert.
- UGC NET Test Series at Testzone Feature 6 - Pricing: We are proud to present to you the least-priced mock test platform in the country. You need to pay only Rs 299 for the 10 mocks of UGC NET Paper I at Testzone.
The UGC NET Examination 2018 is around the corner and it is high time that you start your last phase of preparation i.e. taking the mocks. Attempt a few mocks of different organizations in order to understand the quality before taking any decision regarding purchase of any test series. Take our Free UGC Online Mock that is going to be live on 20th November 2018 and you will get a glimpse of what you will get in our Comprehensive Test Series for UGC NET 2018 Paper I.
Welcome aboard to your Smart Journey to success, if you join our test series for UGC NET 2018 Paper I and All the Best for others for UGC NET 2018. Whatever you decide, do take the free test and write to us at email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org your views and suggestions so that we may improve ourselves.
All the Best!!
Preparing for LIC Assistant Mains Tips and Tricks
Preparing for LIC Assistant Mains 2024 – Tips and Tricks
22 Dec 2023
SBI Clerk Mains Our Complete Information Hub
SBI Clerk Mains 2023: Our Complete Information Hub
19 Dec 2023
SBI PO Mains Descriptive Test Strategy
How to score high in Descriptive Test in SBI PO Mains 2017 exam – SBI PO Exam Strategy by Toppers?
24 Nov 2023
Study Smart or Study Hard SBI PO Mains Strategy
Study smart or Study hard- Which Strategy to choose while preparing for SBI PO Mains Exam?
24 Nov 2023